Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another year- Another party.



Last night I threw a 3 year old Spiderman themed birthday bash. Let me say it again- Last night I threw a 3 year old Spiderman themed birthday bash. Now you can feel bad for me.

This was the first year that I had to throw 2 parties in 2 months for my 2 crazies. I may or may not have gone a little overboard on my spiderman decor/ cake/ and vintage candy bar. I felt like this birthday- at the ripe old age of 3 should be something that little Finley should and BETTER remember. If he doesn't I will show him lots of pictures of all the "slaving away" mommy did just for him.

But let's all be honest- kids birthday parties are ridiculous. You've got to throw your kids a party in the fear that they will feel left out if they are the only loser child not getting a party. Plus you kind of feel the need to torture the other parents who've also thrown parties in the coinciding year. By torture I mean the joys of chasing your child around someone elses house full of breakables- picking up the pieces of food that find its way lodged into the carpet.

I honestly wish every time any parent had to throw a birthday party that it would be adults only. A time to celebrate making it through another year of raising that unruly child. When hosting a party you never really get to enjoy each others company because your kid demands your undivided attention 24/7. At least you always know a party that starts by 4:30 in the afternoon can't last too long. Because about an hour into it most if not all the kids are having breakdowns.

I invitied my single, childless friend from work and I honestly kept thinking to myself, " I wonder if she is thanking God that she can just be the spectator and enjoy the show"- because that is what it typically ends up being.

Not to put a negative spotlight on the party last night. I thought it was a smashing success. A least I will remember it- until next year when I have to do it all over again- except a different theme. And by the way it was my poor husbands birthday as well. Hope he likes Spiderman. Got him a spandex suit for later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can't wait for these fun parties! Post a few pics!

    ReplyDelete