Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

stay at home mom will work for free.

No offense to any of you working mamas-(just thought I would come out and say that upfront) but in my case staying at home with my boys has been one of the hardest things of my life. I wouldn't classify myself as patient, affectionate or calm and these three things would come in handy right about now.

I have chosen to stay at home for the time being (if you don't count the 2 part time jobs I have and babysitting I do 2 times a week out of my house). And let me tell you not a day goes by where I wish that going back to work would actually be worth it. Maybe if I made more money, maybe if it was the coolest job ever, maybe if I wouldn't feel guilty about missing these years. And let me tell you most days I wish I could miss these years. I often scower the classified ads in hope that maybe the perfect job is out there and we could just figure out the childcare situation etc.

These years have been very hard and not as rewarding as I thought before I had these little buggers. They have most if not all of my bad qualities and little of my good. My good one includes love of sleep which both fight on a daily basis and one( I will not mention names, ok the short chubby one) refuses naps altogether. My kids both have attitude . BIG attitude problems and I know this charateristic is mine alone. Their father is the more patient, calm one who is usually telling me to be more patient in life.

Anyways back to staying at home. It is hard. I feel like I do the same things day in and day out. Any of you SAHM ' s feeling this way? Where is the excitement? And the thing is I have chosen this life and Ryan and I have decided this is what is best for the time being. But believe you me- when my little buggers go back to school - I am going back to the working world. Props to all the mommies out there- kidless people have it easy.

4 comments:

  1. Laci-
    Love the blog!! I feel just like you! And I only have one baby! Love hearing that everything is not perfect with mommyhood like everybody seems to portray! I get the best of both worlds I guess...off monday thru fri and nursing on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Laci,
    I am really enjoying your blog!
    As a mom that works full time, I know for SURE that the SAHM's job is much, much harder than mine. I have all of the respect in the world for what you do, and think you're awesome at it!
    One thing I have learned, there's no one perfect way to parent and raise our kids, we all need to do what works for us. And what works for us sometimes changes over time because parenting is a dynamic endeavor. Kids keep us on our toes! Just one of the million reasons why it's all worth it, no matter how you do it.
    With love from Florida,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I will be living in both worlds. Working 2 days a week still counts as working, but since it is night and I will be home 5 days a week I will still kinda be a SAHM....Oh geez. love you and your attitude problem...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am feeling a life sentence to laundry and dishes!

    ReplyDelete