Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Do you have a favorite...


Do you prefer one child over the other? If you are thinking and saying, " no" - your a liar. Just saying. Im hoping that neither of my children will ever find this blog- especially in about 12 years when they have proof that I do favor one over the next.


Anyone have any guesses to who I prefer over the other? And I must admit this often changes on a daily basis. Plus I havent even written a blog post lately because my children have been so good over the last week- it has been a miracle to say the least.


Anyways back to my favorite. Growing up I always knew without a doubt that my mom prefered even to this day my younger brother. He is crazy and shares no common interests with my mother. You'd think this might decrease her obsession with him- not in the slightest unfortunatly. ( and Mom if your reading this don't even try to deny it ) . Also I always knew my Dad liked me more than my brother. I was the responsible, dependable, more "conservative" child- what's not to love. I don't think any parent can honestly say at times or maybe all the time one child is just a little more easy to get along with.


Finley- My older child- he's awesome. He has some bad quirks about him though. Quirks I would rather remove from him all together. His worse one is definatly his attitude problem. I know that attitude problem well because I too carry the attitude around. but you see it's easier to harness it as an adult. Try harnessing the attitude in a newly 3 year old. And I've got to say ever since the little bugger turned 3 it has been smooth sailing. From birth- 2 years old where very trying years for me. With me occassionally locking myself into a closet or garage and screaming my lungs out to get control of myself. ( just like Sex & the City 2) except in my black sweats, tshirt minus the designer dress.


Cooper- My Second try at the parenting thing. Cooper is very chilled and happy about 95 percent of them time. He has not been the greatest sleeper during his short life but I feel like his little personailty makes the not sleeping a little better. Cooper is more like Ryan in his mannerism. He is chilled until he doesnt get a certain toy from Fin or is overly tired and then all hell breaks loose. But if you saw that little cloth diaper butt waddleing around my house - you too would fall in love with his short little statue and ghetto booty. Now I haven't hit the age where he can talk back to me so check back with me in a year .


I'm not coming out and saying who is my favorite- but I think you get the picture. I was the oldest and I butt heads with my oldest. My husband was the baby and I am a little obsessed with my baby. not to say that I don't love them equally at all time- liking them equally at times is a different story.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! Well I know *and so does everyone else reading this post*... You are a good mommy to BOTH those little people. And Finley is EXACTLY like his mommy. Baby boy Buddha? I think that kid is a mix. I honestly cannot wrap my mind around loving/having 2 babies. bah!

    ReplyDelete