Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Is starting a blog a good idea?


I love blogs- other peoples blogs. My own makes me a little nervous. Some times when reading other mommy blogs- I wonder to myself, " How is your life so perfect?" Well Im guessing it isn't and they are just sparing all of us readers from the gory details of imperfect mommyhood.

Well people- I 'm not doing this. I want to start a blog chronicling my life- the good the bad and the disturbing. Maybe just for me to be able to look at one day and remember what was happening in 2011.

Let's start with today for instance ( warning- negativity in the near future)

Valentines Day- a holiday filled with hearts, candy and sex. My Valentines Day started off with screaming kids- poopy diapers and a busy husband running out the door to go to #1 of his #2 jobs of the day. I luckily ran out last night and got the kids some cards (which remained unwritten in- it's the thought that counts right?) -I even had the idea of cutting out cute paper hearts and sticking them to the windows and doors ( this actually did happen but not until 11am today) . So my day continued - today not only did I have my medicated children ( one teething and one post-surgery) I also had a 9 week old who decided sleeping was not in the cards for today. Longest day of my life. Don't worry I will probably say that in a few days.

As the day was winding down I made homemade black bean soup for the kids- which neither liked or ate and accidently poured it all over my kitchen floor. Then I thought it would be a good idea to make Finley's class treat- homemade rasperry tarts. What was I thinking? Weelicious is an awesome website that I'm obsessed with but these tarts took me 2-3 hours to do- while juggling dinner and bedtime.

So the kids are finally down. And my blood pressure is starting to drop. And guess what? My husband is still at work! Boy did he miss a great one :) No sex for anyone tonight. Happy Valentines Day to all and hopefully your Valentines Day was as good as mine or maybe even better ?

No comments:

Post a Comment