Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friends are like Barbeque

Going through my life I have had the great opportunity of having wonderful friends ( and really crappy friends). I feel like at every stage of life you have certain friends that you just click with- like in highschool when you play on the same sports team, in college when you pledge the same sorority and in adulthood when you have spouses and kids. It seems like as time passes you either always have the same commonality or you move on to the next phase and that friend or friends does not. And common people, we are usually gonna click and stay in touch with people on the same path of life. Friends come and go in life and it's ok to let go of friendships. I think sometimes its hard to let go- but just let go- new people seem to always pop up at the right moment to fill the void.

To say all that- I just click better with people who feel what I feel. Change poopy diapers, get stuck in hibernation in their houses, speak the mommy language- not that I don't love single free ranging men and women( ok maybe not men) our lives are just different. And different is ok. This leads me to Barbeque- I know hard corolation. So I have deeply hated barbeque for maybe the past 10 years. Hated Hated Hated- to smell the sweet tangy smell made me puke in my mouth most of the time- and then we were in Costco about 2 weeks ago and those tester stations had some babyback ribs- and I told Ryan to get me one- he looked at me like I was insane and I'm sure he was thinking to himself, " S*** I hope she isn't pregnant" excuse the cussing. Because for me to try barbeque after so long of hating it means I have changed. And yes - I have been eating BBQ for the past 2 weeks . Several times. I changed- People change- it's ok to change.

Does this make sense? Probably not- but it seemed like a good idea in the beginning. Now Im going to go eat my 2nd BBQ sandwich of the night. It's so good.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like bar-b-que anymore..but I still like you! =)

    ReplyDelete