Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunrise. Sunset.


Back by popular demand. Just kidding. I know I've been slacking on the posts lately. Call it laziness if you will or maybe a lack of follow -through? Plus the monthly friend was here last week which means I was PMSing the week before which equals me sitting on my couch eating tons of caramel ice cream ( if you haven't tried this go get some right now) This leads to me not having any drive in my life. I'm sorry - I will get better.

Anyways- my post for today is about my most hated times of the day. Sunrise. Sunset. And no not like Fiddler on the Roof- instead these are the most chaotic times of day at the Kirkman house. Saturday afternoon- Tuesday night I play single mom pretty much 24 hours a day. From the minute my little buggers wake up either screaming in their crib or trashing my family room with tortilla chips and poop ( refer to facebook post on Sunday morning) to the agonizing " ok Finley for the 80th time if you get out of your bed one more time I'm gonna go get the spon and spank you till you understand what that means." And honestly I think I say that phrase 5 times a night. Which usually ends with Finley and my spoon having a heart to heart. The whole thing stresssssses me out.

Morning time is like a frantic wave of changing diapers, pull ups, milk, breakfast, change of clothes, throwing the sheets in the wash ( because my kids overflow their diapers/pull -ups with pee everynight)- to add to this we have a needy dog who not only sleeps in her baby playpack but also needs to eat and go out and take 20 minutes to take a crap in the bloody cold. While I take her out I watch my kids through the back double glass window take on each other so by the time I get back in someone is screaming . Awesome way to start ones morning.

Night time- trying to keep my 2 kids entertained from the hours of 4-7 is impossible. They start having their breakdowns around 4:30- probably because neither one of them likes to take naps much to my dismay. And oh believe me I try and try and try to MAKE THEM take naps. If you know a way- please enlighten me. Getting dinner ready and on the table goes like this-

Me- Finley please get out of the kitchen
Finley- I want up
Me- Finley stop yelling at Cooper
Finley- Whhhyyy
Me- Cooper stop pulling at every electrical cord
Finley- I want up
Me- Finley tell Cooper to stop trying to electricute himself
Finley- No Cooper
Cooper- WHHHHHHHHAAAA.

Dinner usually takes me forever to make and forever to shove down their little throats- althought lately Finley has actually started to like food again and is making us poor. Buying everything in bulk is in our near future.

I can't wait for the day when I get to wake my kids up to go to school and actually wish they were around at night- I will get pure joy from ripping off their little comforters and pouring a nice big jug of cold water on them. Welcome to adulthood you little crazies. Only 10 or so years from now......

3 comments:

  1. oh geez...you are hilarious. And HONEST. I have looked at that picture for five minutes and honestly cannot tell you who it is...I am thinking finn, but sometimes I think cooper. Its finley right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you very much!!! I feel your pain. In fact at this very minute my 2 angels are in bed which translates into the 2 year old screaming her guts out with the occasional wail and things being thrown across her bedroom! Some nights I just let her go for it and try my best to ignore it!! you know how easy that is, right????

    ReplyDelete