Just trying to make it through the day alive.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Broke- I just bought Groceries.

Seriously- Have any of you noticed the sky-rocketing prices of groceries?? It's insane.

I love grocery shopping. I do. I love it. I love walking down each and every aisle on my quest for the perfect produce or yummy snack that I can munch on after the kids are down ( this usually means a huge bag of rasinettes that are gone within an hour..) And let me tell you- I'm a very budgeted person- I hardly spend money on anything and I would much rather trade babysitting or sell some furniture to get more furniture- I'm just good like that surprisingly.

But when it comes to grocery shopping I want what I want- you've got to enjoy something in life right? And in my opinion it's food. Not just bad food - I'm totally an endorser of putting good things into not only mama's mouth but also our kids mouths. I don't skimp on the organic products because I really do believe they are better for our kids and for us mommy's! Not to say that I don't also sneak in the occasional coke or taco bell run ( mommy only) but I am a true believer in organic dairy and organic meat- these are important to me.

Now I'm not a judger so you all feed your families whatever the heck you want- but when I'm 80 and still running 10 k's ( oh wait I have yet to run one of these) maybe you will wish that you would have chosen a little more wisely.

So anyway back to grocery shopping- I am not kidding but for the amount of food I get each week which is roughly the same- the bill is slowly creeping higher and higher...food prices are insane. We should all live on farms and be self-sustainable.

One of my favorite blogs - Dig This Chick- is totally rocking the gardening, feeding her kiddos good stuff, sewing tons of crap- ( Can someone pleeeease teach me how to sew- I'm begging you)- I aspire to be like her- she's so awesome.

Anyways this is the most random post ever. It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment